No Bake Yema Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk(evap)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp powdered orange juice
1/2 cup cooking oil (vegetable oil, canola oil, or corn oil) or 1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups water
3/4 tbsp vanilla extract
Yema Frosting Ingredients:
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
grated cheese for toppings
1) Fill the steamer with 1 liter of water and let it boil.
2) Dusting: lightly grease with butter or oil the cake pans and dust with flour. Set aside.
3) Mix dry ingredients except powdered orange juice and sugar. Set aside
4) Mix water and powdered juice. Set aside.
5) In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients and sugar.
6) Mix until sugar dissolves.
7) Add half of the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
8) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
9) Pour cake batter into the cake pans.
10)Steam for 25 -30 minutes over low heat. Do not forget to wrap the lid with cotton cloth or cheese cloth to avoid water from dripping into the cake.
11)When the cake is done turn the heat off but do not take the cake out yet. Let it set for 10 minutes inside the steamer with the lid on. In this way the cake will not shink.
12)Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes.
13)Unmold the cake and cool completely then it is ready for frosting.
14)Frost the cake and top with grated cheese.
Yema Frosting Procedure:
1) In a pan just mix all the ingredients.
2) Mix well and cook until it gets thick over a low heat.
3) Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
4) When the mixture is already thick turn the heat off and let it cool. Set aside.
If you do not have an oven but you want to make a cake this recipe is for you. This recipe is very easy and very yummy. I love making it for my family. This Yema cake is block buster at home. This is a great idea also for business. The ingredients are easy to find and very affordable. Christmas is fast approaching so add this into your business list.
Yema cake is basically Sponge cake and yema frosting. For this recipe I did not use sponge cake based because it's a bit tricky. It requires a particular skill, the folding. I choose not to make it for this video so the viewers that are not expert in baking can do this without hassle and they can also save money because this recipe has no eggs. But next time I will try to make Yema cake with a sponge cake based so you will have options.
No bake cake
easy cake recipe
How to make cake
how to make yema cake
Like us on facebook for more videos tutorial
Subcribe on our youtube channel