Muri Ghonto a very unique dish is authentically Bengali. Ananya Banerjee brings you the simple steps to cook this Fish head recipe in your kitchen. So all you Fish lovers, what are you waiting for? It's time, you cooked up that storm in your kitchens. Happy cooking to you!
SUBSCRIBE to my Channel here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUG_NAYa3AD-cFG4P2VGr_w?sub_confirmation=1
Follow Ananya Banerjee on Social Media :-
½ cup gobindobhog rice ( use any short grain aromatic rice if gobindobhog – an aromatic variety of rice - is unavailable)
1 fish head fried and broken into pieces
1-2 bay leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 each of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves.
1 cup onions chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbs tomato puree
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2-3 green chillies
1 cup water
2 tsp sugar
1 tbs ghee
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbs mustard oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add bay leaves and cumin seeds and
cook till aromatic. Add the cardamom , cinnamon and cloves and
cook till it emits a nice aroma
2. Add the chopped onions and sauté till the onion is pink. Add
ginger paste, garlic paste, tomato puree and cook well.
3. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, and chilli powder and cook
till mixed well.
4. Add the rice and mix well. Add green chilies and the fried fish
heads and cook till everything is mixed well in the pan.
5. Add water and cook in low heat till rice is cooked and the water is all used up.
6. Add ghee and garam masala on top.
You can also check out:
How To Make Aamer Chatni: http://bit.ly/1zXARpu
How To make Chingrir Cutlet: http://bit.ly/1Oo6Afl