Egg Lababdar | Anda Lababdar | Egg Curry | Anda Curry | Egg Masala Curry | Egg Curry Recipe | Anda Curry Recipe | Egg Recipe | Spice Eats Egg Curry
- Boiled eggs- 5 (4 to be cooked & white of 1 egg to be grated)
- Onions, fine chopped- 2 medium
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp
Tomato-cashew paste items:
- Tomatoes,halved- 2 medium
- Cashew nuts- 12
- Ginger chopped- 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves- 4
- Green cardamom - 3
- Cloves- 3
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 1 tbsp
- Boil the eggs. Shell the eggs & cut 4 eggs into halves. Keep aside 1 egg to be grated later.
- To make the Tomato- cashew paste, take a saucepan & boil water. Add in all the items indicated above & keep boiling till the tomato becomes soft. This should take around 5 mins. Strain it & allow to cool. Grind it till smooth in a blender.
- Fine chop the onions.
- Take a kadhai & heat oil.
- Add the bay leaves & immediately add the chopped onions. Fry on medium to high till light brown in colour. Now add the blended tomato-cashew paste and fry on high for 2 mins & then on medium for 4 mins till oil separates.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder & cumin powder. Mix & add a cup of water. Fry for 5 mins on medium.
- Add Kashmiri chilli powder & salt. Mix and fry on medium for another 5 mins till the masala is cooked & oil separates.
- Add the Kasuri Methi, mix & cook for 2 mins.
- Mix in the cream & little water to form the gravy. Cook for few mins till oil separates.
- Now add in the halved boiled eggs & give a stir gently to cover the eggs with gravy.
- Cover & cook for around 5 mins.
- Take a boiled egg and grate the egg white on top of the curry. Add a generous amount.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Simmer for 2 mins and then serve.